Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Buddha Purnima Celebrations

Buddha Purnima Celebrations :

               I celebrated the Buddha Purnima this time ,as always I did at Sanskriti , Anandgram (A farm House in South Delhi ). This is a Farm House in South Delhi on the Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road which is a walking distance from my Home in Ayaa Nagar. The first time I came here was in 1997,  when a Vietnamese monk Thich Nath Hahhn , a Professor in France visited this place for a three day session on Meditations, Chanting and prayers. There were discourses on Buddhism and on mindful living. It was a blissful experience to attend with many Europeans that included many ambassadors from many different countries.
        This year, it was very nice to see Shantum Seth leading the Sangha ( who is  the younger brother of Vikram Seth, the renowned author). He is well Educated and very gentle as a Human Being. He is also the son of Justice Leela Seth. The day started with usual walking meditations, talks and lectures and chanting. We lighted candles under a Banyan tree near the entrance of the Farm House as a symbol of respects for Buddha's enlightment. It was  followed by a sumptuous dinner.
     I visited the place this time with a group of my friends who are very close to me.  We enjoyed each others company while visiting and discussing about the place and people there apart from our life.
It was a great feeling for  all of us !



























            A few of my lady friends were also there for the event. It was a very pleasing experience to meet and discuss life with them.  




You can get details at :
www.buddhapath.com
and www.ahimsatrust.org

     However, I am a die-hard Hindu who believes in the rituals and practices of Hinduism. I consider Lord Buddha as an reincarnation of Lord Vishnu. Hence try to get to know everything about him.








No comments:

Post a Comment