Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Shiv Ratri.

                  
                                     

                          Swami Muktananda

Shiva Ratri is a festival, that I eagerly wait  to celebrate through fasts and Chanting " OM NAMAH  Shivaya " through the night-over.  It is on this day , that I try to find a place where I could meditate and chant the names of Mahadev "Lord Shiva." Sometimes I try to visit Rishikesh , one of the abodes of Lord Shiva. There are beautiful ashrams there, like Swami Rama's Ashram that is run by Swami Veda Bharati (www. bindu.org).  In Delhi , I love to meditate and chant at Sri Muktananda Ashrams where the chanting is one of the bests of Ashrams practices in India . This Ashram was  referred to me, by my friend Geetu who is very aware of its presence, in the world over. The Ashram at Ganeshpuri in Maharashtra is awesome ! I also read some books by American authors who praise the practices and miracles that are achieved by its practitioners. I have seen and experienced it,  myself ! The chanting is so unique and engaging , that one feels and goes into trance very easily ! The rhythm of the breathing and thoughts and chants get in  sync so fast ! Its very unique !
This time, it was celebrated in the Green Fields School at Safdarjung  Enclave in South Delhi. There was chanting and Puja throughout the night. The puja and chanting continued till 6 am , the next  morning.   Before the pujas and chanting were over , there was a little of showering of rain outside. A sign,  that the lord had arrived, pleased  and blessed his devotees ! Felt very refreshed and blessed after the night long chanting and Puja !
       Earlier in the day, visited some Shiva temples around Lodhi  Road and prayed. Also,  attended a Sufi Qawali at IHC with a Russian friend of mine Maria, whom I met after a gap of almost three years (She came to visit Pilot Baba in the Himalayas for a translation work on his life) . Quite interesting to attend the program that was very lively and rhythmic with the crowd's choice!.

No comments:

Post a Comment